[jugglemaster] Jugglemaster for Pocket PC (JMPocket)

Per Johan Groland per at jugglemaster.net
Tue Jun 22 05:55:45 EDT 2004

>> I'm not familiar with the BSD license, and I seem to remember us
>> discussing GPL earlier. What is the reason BSD was chosen over
>> GPL? Also, I don't mean to sound grumpy, but since my copyright
>> is also on the code, it would be nice to have notified me before
>> changing the license...
>
> Sorry, thought we'd discussed it previously, and you said it'd be ok,
> so long as Ken was ok with it.
>
> I chose bsd since that way it's more compatible with other stuff. GPL,
> while lovely, is a wee bit prohibitive. I had in mind, for example, the
> qt-embedded platform [There is already a qt port, it just needs a bit
> of work, and GPL wouldn't have been terribly friendly with it]

It's very possible that my memory is bad... I guess BSD is ok, after all
my intent with writing jmlib in the first place was to get JuggleMaster
ported to as many platforms as possible.

I'm a bit allergic when it comes to reading license agreements though,
got any tips on where I can read about the differences between these
different licenses. Also, does this mean that we'll release everything
in CVS (for now that would be wxwindows, pocket pc and that ascii
platform you ported it to (hehe)) as BSD or will there still be separate
licenses for every port?

I've only recently added my email to this mailing list... I hope all new
platforms in the works will be announced here, I'd like to keep up to
date.

> Of course. Be my guest :-)
> The default should probably remain 630, though, otherwise some of the
> patterns in the default patterns file won't work.

Ok, I'll do the reverse of what I asked for then, leaving 630 as the default,
and 35 balls as an option.

-Per