also...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Wed Oct 16 18:32:56 EDT 2002

There's an IcculusNews daemon listening on port 3333 that has a new syntax
for the DIGEST command:

The old syntax was:

   DIGEST <maxItems>

Now it's:

   DIGEST <startIndex> <maxItems>

<startIndex> is the maximum news item number wanted. '-' can be used if
you don't have a preference, and will give you the newest item first.

So, you could say:

  "Give me the 3 newest items."  ->  DIGEST - 3

    Daemon gives back items 822, 712, and 605.

  "Give me the next five newest items after that."  ->  DIGEST 605 5

(Remember that it's checking "item < startIndex", so specifying '605'
skips item #605.)

This isn't set in stone (so let me know if you want a syntax change), but
once we have something agreed upon and have updated ignus and
php_interface to handle the new syntax, I'll put it live on the standard
port.

--ryan.