[Gtkradiant] debian build script

Christian Ratzenhofer christian_ratzenhofer at yahoo.de
Wed May 2 04:55:26 EDT 2012

I've spent some time getting the required build scripts for
debian/ubuntu in place, the result can be found here:
http://merlin1991.at/~christian/zeroradiant/debbuild.tar.gz
Currently one can just untar into the radiant tree and run
"dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b" to compile a .deb.

The resulting .deb drops radiant, q3map2 and the plugins under
/usr/local and puts symlinks to radiant and q3map2 in /usr/local/bin, it
also contains a .desktop file.

There are a few things I don't like about it though:
     Manuals are not handled at all.
     The installation path is /usr/local/games/gtkradiant, where should
this really go?
     The .desktop file has a category of "Game",  which category makes
sense?

I'm open to suggestions regarding the above points.

Also in case someone has installed proprietary graphics driver from the
webpage and not through debian/ubuntu packages the build will fail with
an error about libGL when running dh_shlibdeps.

This can be resolved by placing a file called shlibs.local inside the
debian folder with the contents of "libGL 1".

Christian