[Gtkradiant] debian build script

Christian Ratzenhofer christian_ratzenhofer at yahoo.de
Wed May 2 04:55:26 EDT 2012

I've spent some time getting the required build scripts for
debian/ubuntu in place, the result can be found here:
Currently one can just untar into the radiant tree and run
"dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -b" to compile a .deb.

The resulting .deb drops radiant, q3map2 and the plugins under
/usr/local and puts symlinks to radiant and q3map2 in /usr/local/bin, it
also contains a .desktop file.

There are a few things I don't like about it though:
     Manuals are not handled at all.
     The installation path is /usr/local/games/gtkradiant, where should
this really go?
     The .desktop file has a category of "Game",  which category makes

I'm open to suggestions regarding the above points.

Also in case someone has installed proprietary graphics driver from the
webpage and not through debian/ubuntu packages the build will fail with
an error about libGL when running dh_shlibdeps.

This can be resolved by placing a file called shlibs.local inside the
debian folder with the contents of "libGL 1".