[Gtkradiant] Q3Map2: -lightmapsize does not generate shader

Rudolf Polzer divVerent at alientrap.org
Mon Feb 21 12:17:45 CST 2011

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:36:10AM -0500, Obsidian wrote:
> Does DarkPlaces use a -game switch?
>
> Perhaps -lightmapsize can be made game-aware, so if -game ==
> darkplaces, don't generate a shader.

There is way more engines supporting lightmapsize that way. This feature was
not added for darkplaces. Basically: not sure if every affected game has such
an option.

Suggestion: NetRadiant already has an extra switch -external which forces
external lightmaps even if the lightmap size matches the internal one. This
could also switch from default "shader hack" to "external lightmaps".