[Gtkradiant] Windows build progress

Nerius Landys nlandys at gmail.com
Mon Dec 13 00:33:54 CST 2010

Hi guys.

Regarding this previous error:
http://daffy.nerius.com/temp/4ensif3.png - This has been fixed in
revision 346.  I found and fixed the bug today.  It's a very small and
isolated change that addresses a very major issue that has to do with
recursively copying directories.  I am now able to get Radiant working
on Windows.  The only way you'll be able to see Radiant work now is:
Start from revision 344, apply this patch:
http://daffy.nerius.com/temp/win-radiant-work.patch (which disables
OpenGL font rendering and uses older stable libs for GTK+ and such),
and then apply the patch which is commit r346.  This should give you a
mostly working Radiant on Windows (if you want to test it out right
away).

Now, TTimo and myself are sorting out the library dependency issues
still.  Unfortunately that isn't going so well.  The commits r345 and
r347 attempt to address the lib issues.  The main goal of sorting this
out is getting the libraries (on Windows) needed for the OpenGL font
rendering code that I added in November.

I have a proposal that I'm going to make to TTimo in a personal email
which might enable us to have a fully working build by tomorrow
evening.  We'll see.