[Gtkradiant] Nexuiz trouble

Mihai Draghicioiu mihai.draghicioiu at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 12:48:08 CDT 2008

Hi. Me again. Trying to make a Nexuiz map. i make the map, build it,
and when it's supposed to run the engine, one of two things happen:

1. It tries to run /path/to/gamedir/nexuiz-sdl, and it doesn't, cause
there is no 'nexuiz-sdl' executable (I'm running under linux)
2. I make a symlink nexuiz-sdl -> nexuiz-linux-686-glx but the game
complains it can't find data files (says I should run with -basedir or
-gamedir or something).

Also, if I try running nexuiz from a console, with
'nexuiz-linux-686-glx +set sv_pure 0 +devmap bar' (bar is the test map
name), it just goes to the regular menu. I know nexuiz is running
DarkPlaces, so maybe LordHavoc can enlighten me on this one. "+set
sv_pure 0 +devmap bar" is what GtkRadiant tries to run too.

Note that I installed the 'nexuiz.game' files from the windows
installation of GtkRadiant... Not sure if it matters any... I tried
installing the Quake 3 .game files by running:

svn checkout https://zerowing.idsoftware.com/svn/radiant.gamepacks/Q3Pack/branches/1.5/
./GtkRadiant/games/Q3Pack

but after I did python install.py and ran gtkradiant, quake 3 wasn't
in the list.

Thanks,
Mihai