[Gtkradiant] GTKRadiant Bug Report

66.42.157.178 noreply at qeradiant.com
Wed Feb 7 16:23:07 CST 2007

This bug report was submitted from 66.42.157.178 using the Bug Report Submission Form on the QERadiant Website at 04:23:07 CST Feb 7, 2007.

CPU/RAM/Operating System: Pentium D 3Ghz, XP
Hard Drive Space: 1TB
Video Card/OpenGL Drivers: radeon x300
Version of GTKRadiant: 1.5 and 1.4

Error:
In version 1.4, there are a number of plugins (like Bobtoolz, gtkgensurf, bkgrnd2d, prtview, etc) which do not appear in the 1.5 version. In fact the PlugIn pull down menu in 1.5 comes up completely empty.  Is this an error or an oversight?

Cause of Error:
I tried to see if I could add the 1.4 plugins into the 1.5 version by copying the 1.4 plugins folder to the 1.5 directory, but the plugins pulldown was still empty.  I thought maybe there might be an option for a path definition in the preferences, but there was not.  :(

While I am a very experienced programmer, I am a newbie as far as map making is concerned and I have a very extensive map in the making.  I only just discovered today, the gtkgensurf plugin and I think I can make good use of it, but would like to see it in version 1.5.  The other plugins, I have yet to find out what they really do, so I am not concerned about them (yet!)...

Is there a way to make the 1.4 version plugins work in the 1.5 version of gtkradiant? (p.s. I know support for this product is disappearing, but I am sure I will still be using the program for some time to come yet.. : )   )
Thanks in advance for your time and help....

Please advise...

User Email: Deadhead_DMT at hotmail.com