[Gtkradiant] 1.5 release plans etc

johnfitz at u.washington.edu johnfitz at u.washington.edu
Wed Oct 4 15:37:01 CDT 2006

Hi guys,

I'm not a developer, so I can't do anything other than make a request, which is to fix up some of the small features that have been broken in recent years/months.  I have a fuller list a home, but from memory, some of these problems are:

- PGUP/PGDN are basically unusable becuase they use every brush in the level instead of just brushes on the same vertical as the camera.

- selecting entities in ortho view -- in previous versions, the entities got preference so that you could select them through the ceiling of a room.  Now all I can do in ortho view is select the ceiling brushes.  Not very useful.

- ctrl+left-drag in ortho view to "shear" a selection (this isn't really shearing so much as a special kind of face dragging)

- and of course "select complete tall" type functionality as you already mentioned in your emails :)  I'm not sure if you'd want to do this in a classic way where you use a selected brush as the volume, or if you use the new style box-selection with a user preference to specify "complete tall" vs. "partial tall"

John