[Gtkradiant] Custom Map File Format

David Jackson atari_x at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 9 14:31:45 CST 2005

I am familiar with BSP trees, and how Q3MAP compiles the map file, but I
appreciate the input.

I have an algorithm for converting a set of plane-based brushes into
triangles suitable for rendering, but it is in pseudo-code, and through
laziness, I haven't wanted to convert it to C.

However, from the indication I am getting so far, it would be far less
work to simply write a loader which converts the brushes into triangles
on load, than it would be to do the same thing in GTKRadiant.

When I write the code, I will make it fairly generic, and post it here
for any further consideration you guys might have (in other words, use
it, don't use it, laugh it, or preserve it as an example of Bad Coding,
your choice).

David Jackson