[Gtkradiant] Loading shaders with non-standard names

Joseph, William WJoseph at europe.ea.com
Wed Jan 19 08:15:00 CST 2005

Hi Nathan,

Almost all of the systems in 1.5 use the full shader name when dealing
with materials and do not require the prefix. The few exceptions to this
rule are the surface-inspector enforcing the prefix when applying
textures, the texture-browser only displaying shaders that have the
prefix, and the sanity checks on material names in the brush/patch code.

I'm planning to make the 'textures/' prefix optional for shaders applied
to brushes/patches because Doom 3 does not require it. I guess it should
check for the 'textures/' prefix only in game-modes that do require it.
This requirement would be specified by a 'texture_prefix' option in the
.game file.

If you want to make this change in the 1.5 codebase and send us a patch,
that would be welcomed. Otherwise, I'll be doing it fairly soon.

-SPoG