[Gtkradiant] ATI FireGL 8800 issues

David Olofson gtkradiant@zerowing.idsoftware.com
Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:55:19 +0200

I've been trying to run GtkRadiant 1.2.9 and 1.2.10 on a FireGL 8800=20
card, and regardless of which drivers I use (.3034 and .3036 on Win2k;=20
1.4.3 for XFree86 4.1.x on Linux), there's a problem: Brushes are not=20
visible in the 3D view, except in wireframe mode. They seem to be=20
rendered though, judging from the frame rate.

Patches are rendered properly (ie shaded, textured, or whatever), but=20
brushes are not; I just see the gray background. Everything else=20
(including the texture window) seems to be rendered properly.

I'm assuming this is yet another ATI "feature"... If anyone has any ideas=
=20
about things to try, I'll do it. Tried everything I could think of in the=
=20
config. About to get the source now.

(And, I think it's about bl**dy time nVidia learns to build RAMDACs=20
and/or Matrox speeds up their driver development, so I can get a real=20
card for my F980... Can't get true 400 MHz and Linux support at all, at=20
any price! :-/  If anyone has any ideas, I'm interested.)

=2E- Coming soon from VaporWare Inc...------------------------.
| The Return of Audiality! Real, working software. Really!  |
| Real time and off-line synthesis, scripting, MIDI, LGPL...|