[freespace2] FS1: Change resolution

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 1 17:16:27 EDT 2005

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 17:33 +0200, fatty wrote:
> I'm wondering if there's a way to change the resolution of FreeSpace1 to
> something else than 640x480. I haven't heard a word about that, yet.
> In a forum I read, that for FS2 you have to edit the value in
> FreeSpace.ini, but that has no effect with FS1.

FS1 only supports 640x480 since it wasn't designed to do anything else.
As Dave suggested you can use FSPort, a mod for FS2_Open, to play FS1
missions.  Just be aware that it's not the same as the original FS1 and
some of the atmosphere and playability is different.

Taylor Richards <taylor at icculus.org>