[freespace2] Patches for music and movies

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Sat Mar 26 23:49:06 EST 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-26 at 23:17 -0500, james tittle wrote:
> ...all in all, great job!  Now I need to check and see how it works for
> the demos and freespace1, and finally package up some new binaries for
> another release...

I agree, the man did good.  There are a few bugs in the streaming and
ADPCM code but nothing too bad.  I haven't really looked over the movie
stuff yet since my code base is so different at this point.  The movie
audio stuff doesn't help me out much in fs2_open since I'm going right
through audiostream there.  Saved me a bit of work though!

Bugs found (just FYI, Pierre):
- bad memset call in audiostr.cpp
- SDL_InitSubSystem() needs to just be in audiostream_init()
- can't use CFILE (like I mentioned already) it's just too slow
- missing pause/unpause stuff, that's used quite a bit (I filled this
in)
- didn't close out the SDL_RWops handles in the acm code (memory leaks)

Taylor Richards <taylor at icculus.org>