[freespace2] Patches for music and movies

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Sat Mar 26 23:17:26 EST 2005

hi pierre,

On Mar 26, 2005, at 9:16 AM, Pierre Willenbrock wrote:
> These patches enable streaming audio support and movie playback.

...it took a bit, but I've got them working on my cvs for osx and
freespace2 :-)  For some reason the movie.diff wouldn't apply
correctly, so I just went thru and did it by hand (yes, I was that
interested/desperate to see the movies and music!)...

...the only problem I've encountered so far is that I don't get audio
when I try to play the intro mve a second time...by that I mean, after
the initial intro.mve plays, if i then try to play it back in the
control room, it doesn't have any audio...

...also, we're still getting a ton of little graphic glitches on osx,
so I guess there's some rounding or clamping still to be done...

...all in all, great job!  Now I need to check and see how it works for
the demos and freespace1, and finally package up some new binaries for
another release...

james