[freespace2] joystick sensitivity problem

Josh Watzman sinclair44 at fuse.net
Thu Apr 21 14:49:05 EDT 2005

Geller Sandor wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I've encountered a strange behaviour when I use joystick with FreeSpace2.
> It seems, that controlling the ships with the numpad is faster than with
> the joystick, and not only the responsivness is better, but the turning
> speed is faster. Can anyone confirm this problem? In heavy dogfights
> (against Dragons) I have to control the ship with the numpad instead of
> the joystick, this is a little bit annoying.

I've got a similar problem with OS X and my Logitech wireless USB mouse.
Even with mouse sensitivity up all the way, the turning speed is about
1/2 of the numpad speed.

Understanding is a three-edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.
  -- Kosh, "Babylon 5"

I always PGP/gpg sign my emails... if it isn't signed, it's probably not
from me!