joystick sensitivity problem

Geller Sandor wildy at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu
Thu Apr 21 04:20:05 EDT 2005

Hello!

I've encountered a strange behaviour when I use joystick with FreeSpace2.
It seems, that controlling the ships with the numpad is faster than with
the joystick, and not only the responsivness is better, but the turning
speed is faster. Can anyone confirm this problem? In heavy dogfights
(against Dragons) I have to control the ship with the numpad instead of
the joystick, this is a little bit annoying.

I'm using a Logitech Wingman Extreme Digital 3D (connected to USB) with
the 2.4.30 linux kernel, if that matters. I've encountered problems with
this joystick in the Privateer Remake too, the throttle control wasn't
working correctly - it seemed like it controls only 20-80% of the
controllable range instead of the whole 0-100% range. So there can be a
problem in the Logitech linux joystick driver (adi), in the linux HID
input layer, ...

  Geller Sandor <wildy at petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>