licensing question

Mihai Rusu dizzy at roedu.net
Mon May 10 05:17:39 EDT 2004

Hi

Im curently working on making a nice "ebuild" file to get freespace2 into
gentoo (I will probably make the same thing for OpenFS2 after I get to
test it for a while). I need to know what license is the freespace2
sources distributed ? Has its own license (in which case I need a file
with the license text) or it uses an existent license ? (in which case
which one?).

One place to check for licenses whould be here:
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html

Example: Q3 comes (as a binary) under its own license (called Q3EULA in
gentoo world and not only there) which is displayed before installation
and user is asked to "accept" it.

Mihai RUSU                                    Email: dizzy at roedu.net
GPG : http://dizzy.roedu.net/dizzy-gpg.txt    WWW: http://dizzy.roedu.net
                       "Linux is obsolete" -- AST