[freespace2] a couple of questions

Florian Westphal flo.westphal at gmx.net
Sun May 9 17:54:47 EDT 2004

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> > 1. I have noticed debriefing texts do not show (well actually they do show
> > but only on some rare ocasions, usually when I get a medal or so); any
> > ideea where in the coides should I start digging about this ?
>
> Hmm, that shouldn't happen.  You are using FS2 and not FS1 right?  Did
> you compile it yourself or use one of ravage's installers?  Is this the
> English version of the game or some other language?

I'm not the OP, but i see this as well. (German FS2 "Game of the year" edition).
I am using the CVS version (dated 7th May) and a recent version of
OpenAL. g++ says:
gcc version 3.3.2 20031218 (Gentoo Linux 3.3.2-r5, propolice-3.3-7).

> > 3. I have noticed that while in game/playing mission if more than one
> > message comes (those messages allied ships and not only them send them and
> > displayed up) while the first one hasnt finishd they get played one over
> > eachover;

This happens here as well.

> I'm working more on the Linux version of FS2_Open right now and will

Whoa, thats great news. I'd love to try out FS2_Opens enhancements.
Thanks!