[freespace2] fs1 compile problems ?

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 13 15:58:22 EST 2004

On Mon, 2004-12-13 at 22:40 +0200, Mihai Rusu wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Dec 2004, Mihai Rusu wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your quick reply. It starts with the fix you mentioned. One
> > question: voice in mission breafing isnt suposed to work ? :( Another one
> > (which also happens with the freespace-bin installed by the installer) is
> > when exiting the game it crashes for some reason and it leaves the X mode
> > into 640x480 (unchangable with ctrl+- etc).
>
> Sorry for the flood of questions... 2 more issues. When I enter briefing
> says something like:
> General: Frame  0 too long!!: frametime = 0.286 (0.286)
> Warning: No music file exists to play music at this briefing!
>
> Which gets me to why there is no music and why there is no briefing (I
> think I already asked this, heh).

Unfortunately the briefing voices and the music don't work yet.  I have
partially completed code for that but have never had enough time to
finish it.  With a debug build (like what you're using) it will always
report something about a stub function in the audio or a music file that
didn't load.  When the code is finished that want be a problem but it's
just one of those things we have to live with for the time being.

As far as the crash goes, try running it in gdb so we'll know where it's
crashing.  If you don't already know how to do that just open up a
terminal window and go to the directory Freespace is in.  Type
"gdb ./freespace" and you'll get a "(gdb)" prompt.  Type "r -w -g" which
will run the game in a window and without grabbing the mouse.  Get to
the mainhall in the game and then exit as you would normally.  If it
crashes it will put you back at the "(gdb)" prompt where you type "bt".
This will print out a backtrace which you can send here and should help
us figure out where and why it's crashing.

Taylor Richards <taylor at icculus.org>