[freespace2] language again

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 10 14:43:09 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 11:57, Jacek Popławski wrote:
> Currently I am unable to play without modify source.

After an endless amount of debugging and being unable to figure out why
it's working perfectly for me and not for you, I went back to your
message to ask some more questions.  That's when I noticed that you said
the font file was in ".Data/fonts/font01.vf".  The directories are
searched case sensitively so "fonts" should be "Fonts" with the capital
F.  If you are running the game from a Windows partition then case
obviously doesn't matter.  Be sure and check this and if this is all it
took to fix the problem then I'm going to kick myself really, really
hard.

If that change doesn't fix it then I believe the problem is actually in
CFILE somewhere.  In this case copy the font01.vf file into
~/.freespace2 and see if that works.  A clean CVS checkout works either
way for me so if this does the trick then please grab a fresh checkout
and try again.  If nothing works let me know and I'll try and come up
with some more ideas.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>