Forgot to mention a patch I'm working on...

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 31 23:57:32 EST 2003

...Force Feedback support.  It still needs some work but is about 95%
complete.  I haven't gotten it to test (actually play an effect)
successfully yet but that is because of the old drivers that I'm using.
It is going to be linux only (with #ifdef's) and not be built or enabled
by default for the time being.  It should work with I-Force devices
(Logitech, etc.) and I think the Microsoft Sidewinder as well.

It's not being built by default because the interface is a crap shoot at
the moment and it may not build unless you have a patched kernel.  I may
include support for the older interface (in currently shipping distro
kernels) as well as the newer stuff from the patch.  I should have it
ready to test later this week and will make a call for testers then but
if anyone with a FF joystick/gamepad wants to go ahead and volunteer I
won't object.

Before you volunteer though make sure that you understand that the FF
drivers are largely considered alpha and not all devices are supported.
You may also have to get your hands dirty patching/compiling a new
kernel and things of that nature.  Just so you know.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>