Command line options

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 21 05:18:50 EST 2003

Finally bothered to get the command line patch done.  I've fixed it to
make sure that single hyphen and double hyphen options don't collide.
Also, options that use/require arguments will now exit with an error
message rather than with a segfault or actually trying to work and
leaving the game in a bad state.  Before I cut the patch though, make
sure no one has any complaints about this output from --help:

http://icculus.org/freespace2
Support - FAQ: http://icculus.org/lgfaq
          Web: http://bugzilla.icculus.org

Usage: freespace2 [options]
     [-h | --help]           Show this help message
     [-v | --version]        Show game version
     [-s | --nosound]        Do no access the sound card
     [-f | --fullscreen]     Run the game fullscreen
     [-w | --window]         Run the game in a window
     [-g | --nograb]         Do not automatically grab mouse
     [-d | --standalone]     Run as a dedicated server
     [-S | --startgame]      Start a multiplayer game
     [-n | --gamename]       Name of the multiplayer game
     [-p | --password]       Use this password to connect
     [-c | --closed]         Closed multiplayer game
     [-r | --restricted]     Restricted multiplayer game
     [-a | --allowabove]     Only allow above certain rank
     [-b | --allowbelow]     Only allow below certain rank
     [-o | --port]           Port to use for multiplayer games
     [-C | --connect]        Connect to particular IP address
     [-m | --multilog]       Log multiplayer events
     [-F | --oldfire]        Server side firing
     [-D | --clientdamage]   Client does damage
     [-t | --timeout]        Multiplayer game timeout
     [-P | --pofspew]        Save model info to pofspew.txt
     [-M | --coords]         Show coordinates of the mouse cursor

Freespace 2 v1.20 -- Linux Client v0.95

I don't know if "Linux Client" is the best term to use but unless
someone comes up with a better idea I'll leave it for now.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>