Auto Language Detection patch

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Fri Mar 21 16:46:09 EST 2003

This isn't ready for CVS since I still need the checksums from the
German, French and Polish versions.  You can try out this patch and it
will print the checksum out to stderr, or send me your font01.vf or
root.vp file.  The default language is still English to avoid parsing
problems but is changed depending on what is detected.  I haven't gotten
a hold of all the versions (for FS1/FS2) but so far the font01.vf file
is different and I'm hoping that remains the case.

This patch includes a couple of memleak changes that I didn't want to
rip out but they are fully tested now.  The language is detected very
soon so all you have to do is start the game, get the checksum and then
exit.  If any problem are encountered let me know.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>