[freespace2] nograb command line option

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Wed Mar 12 23:16:00 EST 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 21:59, Taylor Richards wrote:
> Because of the way it looks for options (I guess anyway) it sees -nograb
> that same as -------nograb so a double hyphen will work on all of the
> commands without modification.

Scratch that, my fault, it's recognizing the number of hyphens now.
<mental_note> Always make sure that you hit the Undo button only as many
times as you need </mental_note>

I also added a linux client version with the version number(s) being in
version.h with FS_UNIX_VERSION_MAJOR/MINOR.  Should I add a BUILD option
as well for a-b-c releases?  Here is what the help screen looks like at
the moment:

http://icculus.org/freespace2
Support - FAQ: http://icculus.org/lgfaq
          Web: http://bugzilla.icculus.org

Usage: freespace2 [options]
     [-h | --help]           Display this help message
     [-f | --nosound]        Do no access the sound card
     [-f | --fullscreen]     Run the game fullscreen
     [-w | --window]         Run the game in a window
     [-g | --nograb]         Do not automatically grab keyboard/mouse

Freespace 2 v1.20 -- Linux Client v0.95

I took out the no_music option from the help screen but it would still
work so if I should add it back let me know.  I'll add the
server/multiplayer options tonight or tomorrow and send in the patch
tomorrow.  I don't plan on listing the language selection options at the
moment but they will be in place and working in a separate patch later
on.  Is there anything else I should do with this or is what I've got
good enough for now?

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>