[freespace2] max texture size

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 2 16:47:08 EST 2003

On Sun, 2003-02-02 at 15:39, Jacek Popławski wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 12:11:46PM -0500, Taylor Richards wrote:
> > This will check for an ini option UseLargeTextures and if not set will use
> > the default 256 otherwise it will get the number from the card.
>
> Please check maximum value from card every time. There is few Open Source games
> which doesn't, and I notice missing textures in them (I still use Voodoo3).

The default value is for the Voodoo cards and if the texture is larger
it is shrunk down to fit the 256x256 limit.  I think that some cards
will return an incorrect value and that's why it's an option.  My
knowledge of such things is limited though which is why I'll let Steven
or Dan make the final decision.

Taylor

P.S. Steven, I keep spelling you name wrong so if you see "Stephen" know
that I'm talking about you, sorry ;-)

--
Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>