[freespace2] get_play_position patch

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 14 19:44:07 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 18:01, Steven Fuller wrote:
> On 14 Apr 2003, Taylor Richards wrote:
>
> > Don't know why I didn't include the patch for review to begin with.  And
> > before it's brought up, yes this does do pretty much the same thing that
> > was happening before.  The change is really to just not waste time going
> > through alGetSourceiv() if it's not needed.  Was there a definite reason
> > the the code was not used before?  It seems to work fine to me but I've
> > only played a couple of missions with it.
>
> I don't recall why I didn't enable the code in question, but it looks like
> this patch should work.

Been playing with this a little bit more and it appears to do jack
shit.  The play position is always getting set to 0 and state is always
AL_INITIAL.  The other issue is that channels that have is_voice_msg set
to false (according to the code, I'm not testing the value) still get
tested when they shouldn't.  The hud animations are definitely working
better but I supposed it's because of another fix (using SDL_Delay
rather than usleep) and I just didn't notice before now.

I'll keep working on it and see if I can come up with anything.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>