[freespace2] audio/video out of sync?

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 13 18:50:23 EDT 2003

I notice a delay in the audio but not a degraded sound.  The sound code
doesn't use Sleep() (for linux anyway) so I don't know why your sound
quality has been impacted by this change.  I'll have to look into that.
I need to figure out a way around the sound delay.  I'm not sure what
wide spread effects changing or removing the Framerate_cap might have so
I'd like to get it working correctly using this method.  Somebody else
may have some ideas on all of this.

I sent the patch to a couple of V3 owners so I'll see what comments they
have to add as well.  Oh and glibc 2.3.2 does have the new thread system
(NTPL).

Taylor

--
Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>