[freespace2] audio/video out of sync?

Steven Fuller relnev at icculus.org
Tue Apr 8 23:39:53 EDT 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Andreas wrote:

> I noticed that when, for example, some radio message comes in
> during the game and that small video of the pilot show up on
> the upper left corner, the audio and video get out of synch.
> The video usually finishes much earlier than the audio message.
> Did somebody else see this too?

I don't remember if this is the cause, but it may be a problem in FS2's
OpenAL code because I was unable to find a suitable way of determining the
current position in a playing sound; the videos are meant to go away when
the corresponding audio has completed playing.  Try disabling audio and
see if the videos disappear at the correct time.

Steven Fuller