[freespace2] audio/video out of sync?

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 13 15:06:28 EDT 2003

Just out of curiosity, are you using a newer distro? (RH9, MDK9.1, SuSE
8.2)  I believe all of these are using the newer threads from glibc and
the kernel.  When the framerate jumps above 120 the game uses Sleep() to
slow it down but you're not supposed to notice.  If you don't mind
change the Framerate_cap back to 120 and use the attached patch
instead.  Let me know if this works for you as well.  This patch should
fix the problem game wide since Sleep() is used in quite a few places.

I'm using Red Hat 9 by the way.

Taylor

--
Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>