? polymodel reading & byteSwaps

tigital tigital at mac.com
Thu Oct 3 13:16:25 EDT 2002

hi,

...I've been working on and off on porting this project to OSX/PPC
architecture for awhile, but after some initial successes, I seem to
be mired...

...specifically, I'm getting a crash in model_octant_find_shields()
when loading the transport2t-01.pof model...it's easy to see why,
because all of the pm->shield info either needs to be swapped or I've
erroneously swapped it already...the thing is, I can't find where
this info is actually read in, so does anyone have an pointer to
where the shield_info shield in the polymodel struct is loaded?

...it's also confusing to me that this crash doesn't happen on models
loaded earlier, like fighter2t-02.pof and a coupla others I didn't
write down:  do these models not have shields?  I know they are read
earlier (as in, before the mission is loaded), but...?

...oh, and another thing, I've noticed a log message that may
indicate some other problem, and would like to know if it occurs on
the x86 version:

"model support01.pof core radius increased from 3.7 to 10.0 to fit eye"

...If someone could check out how these are done on the x86 version,
I'd really appreciate it!

tanx,
jamie