multiplayer.. works?

John Simmons jsimmons at getsome.org
Thu Jul 4 13:29:43 EDT 2002

I've done what the lgfaq networking section suggested to allow networking
game play in FS2 yet I can't get a game to be seen by a remote machine.
When I uncomment "#define MULTIPLAYER_BETA_BUILD" in pstypes.h and try to
build it again I get the following:

g++ -c -o src/menuui/mainhallmenu.o src/menuui/mainhallmenu.cpp -Wall -g
-DPLAT_UNIX -I/usr/include/SDL -D_REENTRANT -Iinclude/  -Wno-missing-braces
-Wno-multichar -fsigned-char
src/menuui/mainhallmenu.cpp: In function `void main_hall_do_multi_ready()':
src/menuui/mainhallmenu.cpp:743: `struct multi_global_options' has no member
named `pxo'
src/menuui/mainhallmenu.cpp:745: `gS_EVENT_PXO' undeclared (first use this
function)
src/menuui/mainhallmenu.cpp:745: (Each undeclared identifier is reported
only once
src/menuui/mainhallmenu.cpp:745: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [src/menuui/mainhallmenu.o] Error 1

Am I doing something wrong? :)

Also, when I try to type my PXO password in the options section it will only
allow for one character.  Even tossing it in the .ini directly just causes
it to be reset to 1 char when I crank up the game and try PXO.

Thanks,

John