1.20 Patch using Loki Patch

Taylor Richards trichard at surfsouth.com
Tue Jul 2 04:53:49 EDT 2002

Since there is apparently only one file that the 1.20 update patches
that's not Windows specific I used Loki Patch to make an update.  I have
tested it but since this is the first time I've used Loki Patch someone
else might want to verify I didn't screw anything up.

I used WineX to install FS2 from the CD and then to apply the Windows
patch.  The windows patch converted the filenames to lowercase so I made
this update do the same thing to all '.vp' files and included a warning
in the update README.  If there was a better way to handle this please
let me know.  I've included the pre-patch.sh file below for
comments/suggestions.

The update is ~758k (for the x86-only version) and I will be happy to
email it to anyone but it might be nice to post it somewhere on
icculus.org if approval is granted.

As a side note I found a package called i5comp which will, using wine,
extract files from InstallShield 5 cab files.  This will allow you to
extract the vp files from the first CD without having to install.  The
files on CDs 2 & 3 are not compressed in any way.  I don't remember the
exact site I found i5comp on but a Google search for i5comp201 should
find it.  The source code for i5comp is also included so perhaps someone
could make a new binary using winelib so a Linux based installer using
Loki Setup is possible without actually having to have wine installed.

Taylor

(pre-patch.sh)
#!/bin/sh
#
# This script is executed before the patch is applied

#: echo "This is a pre-patch script for $1 installed in $2"

files="`ls $2/*.vp`"

lower()
{
	new=`echo $1 | tr "[:upper:]" "[:lower:]"`
	if [ "$new" != "$1" ]; then
		echo $1 "->" $new >&2
		mv "$2"/"$1" "$2"/"$new"
	fi