[freespace2] Hi.

stevenzx at juno.com stevenzx at juno.com
Sat Dec 28 17:42:43 EST 2002

Hi,

I'm running Mandrake 9.0. OpenAL wouldn't compile for some
reason from the CVS version,  but I have compiled several
other programs without problems (sometimes I had to install
a library from the Mandrake cd's). I still can't make any sense of
the error I get though. I haven't done anything unusual to my
distribution except I installed Nvidia drivers from source rpm's
which shouldn't be that unusual.

On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 21:13:51 -0600 (CST) Dave Champion <dave at dchamp.net>
writes:
> On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 stevenzx at juno.com wrote:
>
> > Yes, I DID get the CVS version from the webpage you listed...
> > I even used CVS which I had never done before... now you can't
> > make fun of me for being a newbie! Ha!
> >
> > Anyway,
> >
> > I type make in the dir with the makefile and get this:
> >
> > [root at localhost freespace2]# make
> > Makefile:248: *** commands commence before first target.  Stop.
> > [root at localhost freespace2]#
> >
> > no idea what's happening... I have OpenAl installed, albeit not
> > the newest CVS version as I couldn't figure out how to install
> that
> > either (no docs). Also, I have SDL installed.
> >

> On my Mandrake 8.2 system, the version of OpenAL I installed from CD
>
> wasn't new enough. I had to go grab either a CVS or snapshot version
> of
> it. If you need help with that, I can see if I can find what version
>
> worked for me.
>
> But... you're obviously not getting that far yet. Are you sure your
> compiler and make work? Have you been able to download & compile
> some
> simple C source code tarball?
>
> Oh... and please tell us what OS you're running (like Mandrake 9.0
> or
> RedHat 8.0...) and anything unusual you've done on your system -
> like if
> you manually updated your glibc version or something.
>
> -dc

***
Read my book Reviews!
http://dczxbook.blogspot.com