cfilearchiver

Taylor Richards mtrs at bellsouth.net
Mon Dec 16 15:35:29 EST 2002

I got cfilearchiver working this weekend.  It allows you to make vp
archives from the CLI.  The problem is that it requires some knowledge
of how a vp is supposed to be laid out for the game to recognize the
files correctly.  If you store something wrong the game may not work
correctly (won't find certain things, parse tables correctly, etc.).  I
started adding a little bit of help but I think it needs something more,
maybe even some separate documentation.  It also has certain
requirements at the moment: a) there cannot be an ending / specified on
the command line, b) the last directory entry on the command line must
be named "data" (not case sensitive).  I tried to strip the last / but
it didn't work correctly.  I don't plan on spending anymore time getting
this working better so if anyone wants a go at it I send the patch.  It
does work however as I've made and tested new vps made with this tool.

I don't know how useful this will be to anyone else but someone might
get something out of it.  This would make it easier getting some mods
like B5 for instance working under Linux/OSX with their case sensitive
filename problems.

Because some of the changes I've made to the game and tools are not FS1
specific I'm going to make a general patch and send it in after a few
more changes. That should make it easier to incorporate the changes into
the tree without having to wade through the FS1 stuff.

Taylor Richards <mtrs at bellsouth.net>