[freespace2] Strange compilation failure.

Dan Olson theoddone33 at linuxgames.com
Mon Aug 12 22:46:49 EDT 2002

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 02:38:13PM +0400, ???????? ??????? wrote:
> I cannot compile Freespace2 CVS snapshot. It fails at the very end with
> "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL". Then happens Error 1.

This most likely means that there is a problem with your distribution or
system setup.  It's looking for libGL.so, as zakk said.  Locate that and
then we'll be able to help you get it fixed.

> P.S. Could you (the developers) just make a static  beta binary or at
> least a guaranteed-to-compile snapshot available?

For what it's worth, there is no such thing as a guaranteed-to-compile
snapshot.  We tend not to put stuff into CVS if it doesn't compile, or
at least try not to, but nothing is guaranteed to compile on everyone's
computer.

I am sure that a static binary will be made available at some point but
we have not made an official release yet and those sort of things are
more appropriate for releases.

--
Dan Olson (theoddone33)