[freespace2] Strange compilation failure.

Вячеслав Вячеслав
Tue Aug 13 05:49:45 EDT 2002

В Втр, 13.08.2002, в 06:46, Dan Olson написал:
> On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 02:38:13PM +0400, ???????? ??????? wrote:
> > I cannot compile Freespace2 CVS snapshot. It fails at the very end with
> > "/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL". Then happens Error 1.
> This most likely means that there is a problem with your distribution or
> system setup.  It's looking for libGL.so, as zakk said.  Locate that and
> then we'll be able to help you get it fixed.
Thank you all for the hint! My system has libGL.so in /usr/X11R6/lib (as
it was installed by nvidia's rpm).
Simple symlinking it to /usr/lib/libGL.so worked.

However Freespace is the only program that failed to find my libGL.so
automatically. It might be nice to add the ability to look for libGL in
few more places than /usr/lib/. (Or at least include this case. In some
sort of troubleshooting.)

> > P.S. Could you (the developers) just make a static  beta binary or at
> > least a guaranteed-to-compile snapshot available?
> I am sure that a static binary will be made available at some point but
> we have not made an official release yet and those sort of things are
> more appropriate for releases.
Can upcoming addition of FS1 support be such a milestone? Freecraft, for
instance, has intermediate binary betas to try. I'm going to make a
src.rpm of freespace. Having some certainty that this or that snapshot
is usable (as a beta) would help.