Strange compilation failure.

Вячеслав Диконов linuxbox at degunino.net
Mon Aug 12 06:38:13 EDT 2002

I cannot compile Freespace2 CVS snapshot. It fails at the very end with
"/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGL". Then happens Error 1.

I have an Nvidia TNT2 card (with Nvidia driver installed). Several
OpenGL games run flawlessly on the system. I compiled things like
BillardGL with no problems before. There is a file named gl.h in
/usr/include/~GL which seems to have the missing function declarations.

Do I miss anything?
-lGL must link to something very generic in Linux isn't it?

I know next to nothing about C or C++ development.
Help needed!

P.S. Could you (the developers) just make a static  beta binary or at
least a guaranteed-to-compile snapshot available?