[devastation] Europe retail version?

Peter Keel seegras at discordia.ch
Sat Sep 20 06:34:30 EDT 2003

* on the Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 03:31:44PM -0400, ^(o,o)^ Turk2000 wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Sep 2003, Peter Keel said me 8-)
>
>  #-seegra -# Aye, this seems to work somehow... I did that
>  #-seegra -# too, and now the thing really starts. But all
>  #-seegra -# the textures are fucked-up, everything is in
>  #-seegra -# grey-white; and the fonts are unreadable. Looks
>  #-seegra -# quite strange, actually.
>
>  in devastation dedicated server package there are a lot of
> file that have size minor than the original files, for
> example most of Texture and Sounds dir, they will go not
> overwrite.

Now I overwrote the Texture and Sounds directory with the original
ones from the CD (actually, the patched ones from a windows-install;
that's why it took me weeks -- to get hands on a windows: I have
none, and where I work neither), and now it works. Sometimes it
crashes for no apparent reason, but in the whole, its playable.

Cheers
Seegras
--
Those who give up essential liberties for temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin