[cod] Query limiting...

Marco Padovan evcz at evcz.tk
Mon Oct 24 16:21:24 EDT 2011

Hi,
yeah, my bad, had the TCP port open (not dropping) as other games
requires it for the rcon commands and didn't remember COD is fully UDP ;)

I'm having multiple networks "exploited" all of them were targeted on a
TCP port that was corresponding to the UDP port of a cod4 server :(
(probably they pick up random cod4 servers knowing they generally have
good connectivity)

Additionally these ones are reflection attacks too: all the packets were
obviosly spoofed (invalid TTL... many were from the US and a 252 tll to
europe is impossible)
So cod4 server operators: stay alert and check out possible SYN floods
on your boxes ;)

(I realized only after sending the mail that ACK packets aren't handled
in userspace but by the OS ;) )

Thanks for your reply :)