[cod] Sorry have to vent, Modern Warfare 2 on the PC

John Kennington jwkennington at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 14:51:21 EDT 2009

There was a group of modders that tried that and succeeded, somewhat.  Red
Oktober is a mod and is a decent game, however it is far to realistic for
the casual player.

John

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 2:49 PM, escapedturkey <
escapedturkey at escapedturkey.com> wrote:

> Tough to say. I think the mod community, if combining forces, can make any
> game engine or mod run better, faster, and more fun. Faith in the community.
> For open-source, my vote goes to: http://xreal-project.net -- based on
> IOQuake3.
>
> However, even IOQuake3 will do:
>
> http://ioquake3.org
>
> Enuff of my rambling ...
>
> Martin H wrote:
>
>> Problem with the source engine is its not so good at making a game like
>> CoD, of all the mods i've played to date the only one that had potential imo
>> was Insurgency. Which although fun, didnt come close to the gameplay of CoD
>>
>> I just dont think the source engine is cut out for a game like cod. come
>> to think of it though, i cant think of anything that is...
>>
>> One of the gripes i have with the system they intend on using is, if the
>> matchmaking system always puts you against people at your skill level, how
>> is a player meant to progress? i've always found the best way to improve is
>> to be subjected to repeated raping. If IWNet dumps you with players on your
>> level, you just wont improve.
>>
>> It says its done on "skill level". How is a skill level determined?
>> Average KD ratio? if thats the case, players will be flying up and down the
>> skill rankings every time they have a bad/good day. If a player is doing
>> particularly well on a certain day, their KD ratio would increase. But the
>> next day, if they're back to 'normal' levels, they'll be way out of their
>> depth. Or vice versa. quite easy to have a bad day, and then find yourself
>> on a server with people way below your actual skill rating.
>>
>> "The biggest benefit of using IWnet by far is the fact that you don’t have
>> to worry about joining a server full of aim-bots, wallhacks, or cheaters. Or
>> relying on the server admin of the server to constantly be monitoring,
>> banning, and policing it."
>>
>> Yeah, thats great until theres an admin that isnt 100% clued up on banning
>> people, and theres a guy on the server who's name is changing every two
>> seconds. Its going to be no different than a CoD4 server in reality.
>>
>> Surely the better way to get rid of cheating would be to seal up all the
>> holes that allow these hacks to be created in the first place?
>>
>> 2009/10/20 Joker{eXtreme+} <joker at mycallofduty.com <mailto:
>> joker at mycallofduty.com>>
>>
>>    Another post by Bowling
>>    http://www.fourzerotwo.com/?p=745
>>
>>    ~Joker
>>

>>    ----- Original Message ----- From: "escapedturkey"
>>    <escapedturkey at escapedturkey.com

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there
first, and is waiting for it. -- (Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man)