[cod] rules concerning playin on your own server

Dnk d.k.emaillists at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 02:11:09 EDT 2009

See below...

Also, are you patched to 1.3 on both server and client?

On 10-Mar-09, at 10:32 PM, tom nikitopoulos <tomdagreek at gmail.com>
wrote:

> maybe a simple question for you guys...what are the rules for
> playing on ur own server? tried loggin on today and server denied my
> request.

With what error? Just the one referenced at the end of your original
message? I myself have not encountered that specific issue. There are
no restrictions to my knowledge in connections unless you specify
them, Ie player numbers, passwords, etc.

> i actually own 2 copies of this glorious game and may have used the
> same cd on windows gaming box and the linux server.

Shouldn't be an issue. A license is not needed for the server. I
copied the required files from my same cd.

> never had a prob with cod4 but cod5 is a little more bitchy. i have
> used the favorites connection to connect to the server.i imagine
> that you have slaved over loadin the game, runnning ur electric bill
> high and spendin damn good money on ur equpiment u should have the
> right to run a ded server at ur leisure.

Providing setup correct ( or some weird thing is not happening with
your setup ), running the server with the same cd files from both
server and client shouldn't matter.

> note that i have two ips and my convenience and logged on from
> behind a router with the server and have also pinged it from the
> other ip...
>

> i havent even tried to run pb on the server yet. (one step at a time)
> gettin a error message that says
> error:expected Uint32 ?

Did you google this? On the first page there was a result on fpsadmin
where they had the issue due to the server and client not having
proper timezone settings, and running early (maybe part if the recent
daylight savings time change?)

See:

Www.fpsadmin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=71168