[cod] COD:WaW linux server hotfix 03022009...

Joker{eXtreme+} joker at mycallofduty.com
Tue Mar 3 12:14:47 EST 2009

Very interesting stuff so far.

I apologize if this is a repeat statement/observation/question.

Testing the Linux files for CODWW Patch 1.2

fs_game is working fine ie; mods/x5v2

However, it would appear that the Linux server is not utilizing the
"usermaps" folder for custom maps?

I actually had to put the custom map FastFiles in the /zone/english/ folder
on the server and the server fires up no problems.

Now that the server recognizes the custom map, fires up with my configs in
an fs_game folder, I put the custom map on my redirect as per normal
www.mywebsite.com/cod5/  -- usermaps/mp_mikesgaff/ <--- FastFiles here

And try to connect.  Here I get an error message as you can see in the
attached screenshot.

So, I then go back to the website redirect, and adjust it.
www.mywebsite.com/cod5/ -- /zome/english/ <---- FastFiles here

Restart the server just incase -- and attempt to connect again.

SAME ERROR -- no downloading of any kind, just the error in the attached
screenshot.

Preliminary Conclusion -- mod.ff downloads just fine now, thank you Ryan.
However, now the custom maps are screwed?

Anyone else with the same issues?

Thanks
~Joker