[cod] Ventrilo 3 Linux server

Einar S. Idsø einar.cod at norsk-esport.no
Tue Apr 21 03:53:01 EDT 2009

Are we actually talking about PB *bans* because of this overlay, or
just PB kicks? If
people are banned for using the overlay, then it should most certainly
be disabled by
default or for those games. Leaving it enabled if it can lead to ban
is simply not acceptable
if mumble is to gain a foothold in the gaming community.

I did some searching and it seems that PB kicks, but doesn't ban
(huuuuge difference):
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=2142129&forum_id=492607

At least one person has reported not having any issues at all with
PB-enabled COD4
servers:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=3213398&forum_id=492607

A tip I came across in one of the threads:
"You can disable the overlay for a particular app by placing a file
named 'nooverlay' in the same directory as executable of the app."

But more relevant, from February 5th:
"Yes, I opened a ticket. It's still untouched, but someone from
EvenBalance did get in touch with me by email, and it seems the
problem is now solved :) Furthermore, I now (hopefully) have a better
way of contacting them, so we should avoid such issues in the future.
"

Cheers,
Einar