[cod] Server Instances

Vaughan Reid vaunus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 12:32:55 EDT 2009

I couldn't find too much previous info on this and know these sorts of
questions get asked a lot so I apologise in advance. :)

I am wanting people's opinions on roughly how many COD4/CODWAW server
instances could be run on the following system:

Ubuntu 8.10 with 1000Hz kernel

Dual Xeon 5405 (2.00Ghz) Quad Core

16GB RAM

4x500GB SATA drives in a hardware RAID

Gigabit Internal/External connectivity

Average server size would be ~20 slots with no more than half of the servers
being in use at any one time.

I have been running 25-30 servers on an old Opteron 265, 8gb RAM machine for
some time without issue but I would imagine IO's and other issues would
start to become important beyond this point?

Thanks,

Vaughan Reid