[cod] Patch for server 1.7

Santiago Reig santireig at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 11:06:46 EDT 2008

Hi:

Reread the post at fpsadmin:

Crap, I knew I would do that with one of these patches.
cod4_lnxded is the 1.7 binary in this package. It's normally a small shell
script that launches cod4_lnxded-bin, but it got copied to the wrong file.
This is why I should automate these things. :/
We'll correct it in the next patch. For now, the workaround is this:
- If you are launching the -bin file directly, either launch cod4_lnxded
directly, or copy cod4_lnxded to cod4_lnxded-bin and go as you were.
- If you were relying on the shell script to set environment variables, then
copy cod4_lnxded to cod4_lnxded-bin, and use the original cod4_lnxded script
from previous cod4 builds:
http://treefort.icculus.org/cod/cod4...-script.tar.gz<http://treefort.icculus.org/cod/cod4_lnxded-script.tar.gz>
- If you've always ran cod4_lnxded, and it's just working as a 1.7 server
now that it's a binary instead of a script, just keep on doing what you're
doing now and ignore all this. The script is largely there to set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, really.
Sorry for the confusion, this one was my fault.
--ryan.

Recopy the linux binaries to the server, then delete cod4_lnxded-bin and
rename cod4_lnxded to cod4_lnxded-bin, then copy the cod_lnxded from the
link provided.
This should work fine, and thats how I built my server.

Greets