[cod] Patch for server 1.7

Jeroen Trippe (m3t internet/clanspace) jeroen at m3t.nl
Thu Sep 11 11:07:33 EDT 2008

I'll just quote someone else from the archives:

Some hundreds mailings before ryan wrote:

Crap, I knew I would do that with one of these patches.

cod4_lnxded is the 1.7 binary in this package. It's normally a small
shell script that launches cod4_lnxded-bin, but it got copied to the
wrong file.

This is why I should automate these things. :/

We'll correct it in the next patch. For now, the workaround is this:

- If you are launching the -bin file directly, either launch
cod4_lnxded directly, or copy cod4_lnxded to cod4_lnxded-bin and go as
you were.

- If you were relying on the shell script to set environment
variables, then copy cod4_lnxded to cod4_lnxded-bin, and use the
original cod4_lnxded script from previous cod4 builds:

http://treefort.icculus.org/cod/cod4_lnxded-script.tar.gz

- If you've always ran cod4_lnxded, and it's just working as a 1.7
server now that it's a binary instead of a script, just keep on doing
what you're doing now and ignore all this. The script is largely there
to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH, really.

Sorry for the confusion, this one was my fault.

--ryan.