CoD4 Server Errors... Can't find problem

Jeremy Chequer - TFG Hosting jeremy at tfghosting.com
Mon Sep 8 06:06:34 EDT 2008

Hello I am currently having some problems with one of my clients CoD4 Servers, and can't seem to work out what's causing them.

Our actual server has not been offline once within this time, but CoD4 is going into Zombie state.

My client has provided me with the following information:

[Quote]
I can start the server manually from SSH via nohup and via a shell script.
 - The server goes down often, randomly ranging between a few hours to a couple of days since starting it up.
 - Sometimes the server goes down within a few minutes of starting.
 - The server never goes down while we are playing on it (strange).
 - I wrote a simple shellscript that checks if the server process is running and start it if it isnt. I added this script to my crontab, but I have not found evidence of this setup working for me.
 - Sometimes the gameserver stops accepting connections (i.e. rcon reports the server as 'down'), but the process is still running. I incorporated a python rcon script into my checksv script to kill and restart the gameserver if it is in this 'zombie' state. Im not sure if I can actually start the gameserver from a script that is called by cron.
[/Quote]

Would appreciate any help any one can give me

Thanks in advance

Jeremy Chequer
TFG Hosting