"awaiting connection" on inet, but works on LAN

dnk d.k.emaillists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:39:59 EST 2008

Hi there,

I have a linux (centos 4.x and 5.x - same issue) install of cod2 V1.3,
and for some reason all works great on my Lan, but when moved over to
the data center, it does not work. I just get the "awaiting
connection" message.

Now I have tried making the connection with my firewall completely
disabled, and the same symptoms exist. From all of my googling around,
I came across where something similar happens when using a pirated cd
key. I myself am not and own the original cd/key.

I have tried running a real stock config, and also the stock extreme
(latest) config, and the same symptoms for both.

I am starting my server in the following ways:

+++++++
BASH SCRIPT
+++++++

#!/bin/bash

if test -z "$1"
then
   echo "No command-line arguments."
   echo "'x' - eXtreme mod"
   echo "'r' - regular (no mod)"
   echo
else

case "$1" in
'r')
/home/cod/cod2_lnxded +set net_ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx +set net_port 28960
+set dedicated 0 +set sv_punkbuster 0 +exec dedicated.cfg +map_rotate
;;
'x')
/home/cod/cod2_lnxded +set net_ip xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx +set net_port 28960
+set fs_game ext_mods +set dedicated 0 +exec server.cfg +set
sv_punkbuster 0
;;
*)
echo "This script requires one of the following:"
   echo "'x' - eXtreme mod"
   echo "'r' - regular (no mod)"
   echo
;;
esac
fi

I have no errors upon start up.

I was just hoping to pick the brain of some of the more experience cod
linux admins here.