[cod] [CoD4] Multiple NIC's

Raimo Radczewski raimoradczewski at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 7 19:32:57 EST 2008

Thx for the fast answer Eureka, my server is quite... I'd say powerful
(not for a high class server, but for mid) but on the last LAN's i
experienced a massive ping rise if someone downloads from my server (i
dont want to spend money for two servers, so this one serves files and
deds aswell)

I had like three different ideas on how to use the 2 NIC's best:
1 for Samba/NetBIOS etc, (that's quite easy to configure) and the
other one for Gaming... That would keep the load away from the Gaming
NIC..
How can i tell the gameservers to use the 2nd nic? Something with
bind? I really have no idea.

Second idea was to use bonding, i threw that one away because it just
doesnt work properly on cheap hardware.
Third idea was as written above to use one for room 1, other one for
room 2, but i think i can forget that one aswell.

@Clan DIN0 <p0rn0saurus at gmail.com>:
I wouldnt post it here if i'd use a windows server, would I? ;)

Regards, Reemo