[cod] COD4 Sniper only config / mod issue?

Mark Sanborn marksanborn at dls.net
Fri Jul 25 13:43:50 EDT 2008

I have been trying to use a mod that will ONLY allow a sniper rifle to
be picked. No other gun, I think I might be stuck with a pistol though
right? So if anyone knows of a better mod then ACE 1.9, please let me know.

Anyways, I have used ACE before back when my server was windows, so I
all ready had the config files and know how to edit them..

I issue this command:

screen ./cod4_lnxded +set fs_game Mods/ace +set dedicated 2 +set net_ip
209.242.12.190 +set net_port 38960 +exec knivesonly.cfg +map_rotate
+sets starttime

It will start a modded server, but it is not using the ace mod as
requested. It starts up saying mod: cod4_sniper in the game witch I
deleted off the server when it didn't work. Guessing might be part of
the same issue. So I also guess that when it could not find the ace mod
it falls back to moddernwarefare mod?

TheDudezor